Data Management and Storage
According to Wikipedia and its sources “The world’s technological per-capita capacity to store information has roughly doubled every 40 months since the 1980s, [and] as of 2012, every day 2.5 exabytes (2.5×1018) of data were created.” Today’s buzzword term for the complexity of processing and managing such vast amounts of information is “Big Data”.
The term itself may be recent, but Qualstar has been a major player in the practical implementation of Big Data solutions for more than two decades! Our tape libraries include models ranging from entry-level to enterprise, and all models offer the advantages that have made Qualstar an industry leader:
- Cost-effective – typically offering the best price/performance available, with no hidden costs such as slot licensing fees;
- High reliability – hot-swappable, redundant component options, as well as an optional independent monitoring system designed to ensure the dependability of both your stored data and the tape library itself;
- Best warranty – standard no-cost three-year warranty, unrivalled in the industry;
- “Green” and mean – optimized for low power consumption using Qualstar’s own high efficiency N2Power brand of power supplies wherever applicable;
- Convenient growth path – field-expandable systems to increase your storage capacity as your business needs grow;
- Online remote support – advanced software tools enable our top-notch technical support team to diagnose issues no matter where your system is located.
- Best warranty – garantia padrão de três anos sem custo, inigualável na indústria;
- “Green” and mean – otimizado para baixo consumo de energia usando a marca de alta eficiência N2Power da Qualstar, sempre que aplicável;
- Convenient growth path – sistemas expansíveis em campo para aumentar sua capacidade de armazenamento à medida que as suas necessidades de negócio aumentam;
- Online remote support – ferramentas de software avançadas permitem que a equipa de suporte técnico de alto nível da Qualstar diagnostique problemas sem importar onde esteja localizado o seu sistema.
Our focus on Vertical Markets
Fundamental to the evolution of Big Data has been the progressive digitization of media – voice, music, photos, drawings and videos, for example. As digital storage methods and standards evolved, industries embraced them in order to reduce their ever-increasing volumes of paperwork. Added advantages included much faster search and access times, automated data storage redundancy, reduced staffing needs, and so on. Nonetheless, each industry has its own unique application needs. To meet those needs, Qualstar is developing solutions specific to several of the vertical markets to which our customers belong:
- Media & Entertainment;
- Oil & Gas;
- Government & Military;
- Information Technology;
- Medical Imaging;